Just a few weeks back, Xiaomi announced their second generation of phablets i.e. Mi Max 2 at an event in China. The company is now teasing a new device set to be launched on July 18 during an event in New Delhi, with a tag line of “BIG IS BACK“. The tag line basically refers to the phablet device Mi Max 2 which matches from the Mi Max tagline of last year which said: “Mi Max is the new big”.
— Mi India #SmarterLiving2021 (@XiaomiIndia) July 11, 2017
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 sports a 6.44-inch Full HD 1080p display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor along with 4 GB of RAM. It comes with 64 GB / 128 GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage via MicroSD card and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android Nougat. We expect Xiaomi to launch only the 64 GB storage variant of the device in India.
In terms of camera, Mi Max 2 sports a 12 MP Sony IMX386 camera sensor with 1.25μm large pixels with phase detection autofocus PDAF and a 5 MP front shooter with an 85-degree wide-angle lens for selfies. The phone is backed by a 5,300 mAh battery along with Quick Charge 3.0 support that charges up to 68% battery with one-hour charge.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specifications
- Display: 6.44″ Full HD 1080p display
- Full metal unibody improved one-handed use
- CPU: Snapdragon 625 with 14nm FinFET technology
- Camera: Sony IMX386 1.25-micron camera, same primary rear as Mi 6
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- OS: MIUI 8 based on Android Nougat
- Battery: 5300 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 + Parallel charging, 68% charge in one hour
- Dimensions: 174.1 x 88.7 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 211 grammes
- Misc: Stereo speakers intelligently switches to stereo in landscape orientation, Rear fingerprint sensor and IR blaster
At the moment, we have no clue on the possible pricing of Xiaomi Mi Max 2 though the phone is priced at 1,699 yuan (~$250 or Rs. 17,000) for the 64 GB variant in China.