Xiaomi has launched the Pro variant of its gaming phone in China. This is the Black Shark 2 Pro.Apart from the difference in the moniker, the processor and the memory, it is basically identical with the Black Shark 2 regular variant.
The Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro sports a 6.39″ AMOLED Full HD+ display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, and is equipped with an in-display fingerprint scanner. The device has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor under the hood, with 12GB of RAM.
The phone will come in 2 storage variants: 128GB/256GB. It runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie.
The main cameras in the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro consists of a dual camera set up with a 48MP primary sensor with an f/1.75 aperture 0.8μm pixel size, and a 12MP telephoto lens with a 1.0μm pixel size, an f/2.2 aperture. The selfie lens is a 20MP camera with an f/2.2 aperture and 1.0μm pixel size.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro specs
- Display: 6.39″ AMOLED Full HD+ 2340 x 1080 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 430nits brightness, 403 PPI, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 108.9% DCI-P3 color gamut, In-display fingerprint scanner
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus @2.84GHz
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Main Cameras: 48MP, 0.8μm, f/1.75 aperture, 12MP telephoto lens, 1.0μm, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, PDAF
- Selfie Camera: 20MP, 1.0μm 4in1,f/2.2 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, 2 X 2 mimo, MU MIMO, Wi-Fi Display, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Battery: 4000mAh, Quick charge 4.0, 27W charging, USB Type-C
- Sensor: Gyro, Geomagnetic, Gravity sensor, Distance sensing, Ambient light sensor, Pressure sensing
- Dimensions: 163.61 x 75.01 x 8.77mm
- Weight: 205g
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro price
The Black Shark 2 Pro price starts at RMB 2999 (about Rs 30,000) for the 128GB version, while the 256GB model will retail for RMB 3,499 (about Rs 35,000) in China. It remains unclear whether Xiaomi will launch the phone in India, but given that the regular variant is available here, there is a chance we could see the higher end variant arrive in our Country.