The Vivo X50 Pro and Vivo X50 have been announced in China. These are upper mid-range phones with support for 5G mobile networks.
Let’s begin with the Vivo X50 Pro.
The phone is equipped with a 6.56-inches AMOLED, Full HD+ display with a punch-hole in the top left corner, for the 32MP camera with an f/2.45 aperture. The screen supports DCI P3 Color Gamut, HDR10+, has a 92.6% screen-to-body ratio, 6000000:1 Contrast Ratio. It has an In-display fingerprint scanner.
The Vivo X50 Pro runs on Funtouch OS 10.5 based on Android 10, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G octa-core processor with an Adreno 620 to handle the graphics. The device has 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM and comes in 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 storage variants.
It is backed by a 4315 mAh battery that charges over a USB Type-C port and supports 33W Fast Charging. The Vivo X50 Pro features quad cameras comprising a 48MP primary lens with a Sony IMX 598 sensor that has an f/1.6 aperture, a 13MP portrait lens with 50mm focal length, f/2.46 aperture, an 8MP telephoto camera which supports 60x super zoom, has an f/3.4 aperture periscope lens and an 8MP wide-angle camera with an 120° FOV, 2.5cm super macro, f/2.2 aperture, a laser focus module and an LED Flash.
The Vivo X50 Pro does not have a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
Vivo X50 Pro Specs
- Display: 6.56-inches AMOLED, Full HD+ 2376 x 1080 pixels, P3 Color Gamut, HDR10+, 92.6% screen-to-body ratio, 6000000:1 Contrast Ratio, Punch-hole, In-display fingerprint scanner
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 10.5 based on Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G octa-core @2.4GHz, Adreno 620
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1
- Battery: 4315 mAh, USB Type-C, 33W Fast Charging
- Main Cameras: Quad Cameras 48MP Sony IMX 598, f/1.6 aperture, OIS + 13MP portrait lens 50mm focal length, f/2.46 aperture + 8MP telephoto lens, 60x super zoom, f/3.4 aperture periscope lens + 8MP wide-angle 120° FOV, 2.5cm super macro, f/2.2 aperture LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP, f/2.45 aperture
- Dimensions: 158.46 x 72.80 x 8.07 mm
- Weight: 181g
- Connectivity: 5G, 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, Beidou / GPS / GLONASS / Galileo
- Misc: AK4377A Hi-Fi audio chip, Laser Focus sensor
The Vivo X50 is fairly similar to the Pro version, but has a slightly different display which is of the same size, but with a 19.8:9 aspect ratio, 105% NTSC Color Gamut. The device is backed by a 4200 mAh battery, and the 32MP selfie lens has a smaller f/2.48 aperture. And the Vivo X50 only has triple cameras, there is no zoom lens.
The setup changes slightly and consists of a 48MP Sony IMX 598 sensor with an f/1.6 aperture, a 13MP portrait lens with 50mm focal length, f/2.48 aperture, an 8MP wide-angle 120° FOV, 2.5cm super macro, f/2.2 aperture and LED Flash.
Vivo X50 Price in China
The Vivo X50 Pro price for the 8GB/128GB version starts at RMB 4298 (about Rs. 45,500), while the 8GB/256GB variant costs RMB 4698 (about Rs. 50,000). The Vivo X50 on the other hand starts at RMB 3498 (about Rs. 370,00)for the 8GB/128GB model, and costs RMB 3898 (about Rs. 41,000)for the 8GB/256GB variant.