Samsung has been making some weird decisions in India lately, the recent Galaxy A32 pricing being the stand-out example that I can think of. Well, until now that is. The South Korean electronics giant seems to have gone bonkers with its newest phones. I’m not saying the devices bad, but these phones aren’t new.
If you aren’t aware of it, Samsung announced the Galaxy M02s in January this year, and followed it with the Galaxy M12 in March. These devices were sold exclusively on Amazon (and Samsung’s own web-store).
So, what’s odd about that? Nothing, except now Samsung has rebranded the Amazon exclusive Galaxy M12 and Galaxy M02s, and launched them as the Galaxy F12 and Galaxy F02s. Oh, by the way, these are Flipkart Unique devices. The dimensions of the new and the old devices are the same, the design similar, and the specs are identical as well. What’s unique about them?
Why is Samsung doing this? Technically, it is not the only company to rebadge its devices. Oppo and OnePlus are guilty of the lazy, recycled designs. Xiaomi and its “independent” brands, Redmi and Poco do this often, rebranding a device multiple times under different names.
At least, they changed the back panel design completely. Okay, the Galaxy F12 does have a new pattern on the back panel, but we have seen the design on the Galaxy M12 that was launched in Vietnam. But the wallpapers are new, that should count, right?
Anyway if you’re interested about the phones, here’s a recap of the device’s specs.
Samsung Galaxy F12 Specs
- Display: 6.5-inch HD+ (1600 x 720 pixels) LCD, 90Hz refresh rate, Infinity-V,Operating System: One UI 3.1 Core based on Android 11
- Processor: 2.0GHz Samsung Exynos 850 octa-core
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage: 64GB/128GB eMMC + dedicated microSD card slot
- Battery: 6,000 mAh, USB Type-C, 15W Fast Charging
- Main Cameras: 5MP depth sensor + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens, 123° FOV + 48MP GM2 primary camera + 2MP macro sensor + LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.9 x 9.7mm
- Weight: 221g
- Colours: Sea green, Celestial Black and Sky Blue
Samsung Galaxy F02s specs
- Display: 6.5-inch HD+ Infinity V water-drop notch
- Operating System: One UI Core based on Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- Memory: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB + up to 1TB via microSD
- Main Cameras:13MP + 2MP Macro sensor + 2MP Depth sensor, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 5MP
- Battery: 5,000mAh, microUSB, 15W Fast Charging
- Colours: Diamond Blue, Diamond Black and Diamond White
Samsung Galaxy F12 price in India
Samsung says that the Galaxy F12 price in India starts at Rs. 9,999 (for the 4GB/64GB version), but this “introductory price” includes a discount of Rs. 1,000 if you purchase it using an ICICI Banck Credit Card, or via EMI transactions. Technically, the device’s price is Rs. 10,999, which is identical to, you guessed it, the Galaxy M12.
The 4GB/128 variant of the Galaxy F12 carries a price tag of Rs. 11,999. For some reason, there is no 6GB/128GB variant available. The phone goes on sale at 12PM, on April 12th at Flipkart. The Galaxy F12 comes in 3 colourways: Sea green, Celestial Black and Sky Blue.
SAMSUNG Galaxy F02s price in India
The Galaxy F02s price starts at Rs. 8,999 for the 3GB/32GB model, and the 4GB/64GB version costs Rs. 9,999 at Flipkart. The device will be available at 12 Noon, on April 9th. The colour options that you can choose from are: Diamond Blue, Diamond Black and Diamond White.
Rebranding a device multiple times just because the competition does it isn’t going to impress buyers. Not unless the devices can match the specs-to-price factor that the rivals offer.