Samsung has confirmed the Galaxy S22 launch date, the 2022 flagship series is all set to debut on February 9th. The Samsung Galaxy S22 specs have been leaked along with renders of the device. So, here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming flagship phones.
The Galaxy S22 sports a 6.1 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels. The Infinity-O-Display supports 10 – 120 Hz Refresh rate, is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, supports 1500 nits brightness, and a pixel density of 425 ppi. The S22+ has a bigger screen at 6.6 inches which supports the same features but has up to 1750 nits brightness and a pixel density of 393 ppi.
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra flaunts a 6.8 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X with a resolution of 3080 x 1440 pixels, Infinity-O Edge display with curved edges, 1-120 Hz Refresh Rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, 1750 nits brightness and a pixel density of 500 ppi. The Ultra model will support the Galaxy S-Pen stylus.
The phones run on Samsung One UI 4.1 based on Android 12, and will be powered by a Samsung Exynos 2200 processor in Europe, while the US will get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 variant. The devices support 8GB/12GB of RAM, with 128GB/256GB/512GB of storage.
Samsung has packed a 3700 mAh battery on the Galaxy S22, a 4500 mAh cell on the Galaxy S22+, while the Galaxy S22 Ultra has a 5000 mAh battery. All three variants support fast wired charging, and Qi wireless charging.
The main cameras on the Galaxy S22 and S22+ is a 50 megapixels sensor with an 85° FOV, an f/1.8 aperture, optical image stabilization, a 12 MP ultra wide-angle lens with an 120° FOV, an f/2.2 aperture, and a 10 MP telephoto lens with a 36° FOV, an f/2.4 aperture, OIS, and an LED Flash. The Galaxy S22 Ultra has the same ultra-wide angle and telephoto lenses, but the primary lens is a 108 megapixels sensor with an 85° FOV, and an f/1.8 aperture.
The selfie lens on the Galaxy S22 and S22+ is a 10 megapixels f/2.2 lens with an 80° FOV, 25mm, 1/3.24″, 1.22 µm, and 2PD. Samsung has equipped the Galaxy S22 Ultra with a 40 MP selfie camera with an f/2.2 aperture that has an 80° FOV, 25mm, 1/2.8″, 0.7 µm, and AF.
The Galaxy S22 measures 146.0 x 70.6 x 7.6mm and weighs 167g. The S22+ weighs at 195g and sums up to 157.4 x 75.8 x 7.64mm, while the Galaxy S22 Ultra sizes up at 163.3 x 77.9 x 8.9mm and weighs 227g.
In the connectivity department, the phones will support 5G and 4G LTE mobile networks, Bluetooth 5.2, USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 1, NFC, Wi-Fi 6 (WLAN AX). All three models are rated for IP68 Water and Dust Resistance. The phones feature an Accelerometer, Barometer, Ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Light sensor, Proximity sensor. The Galaxy S22+ and Ultra have one additional sensor, a UWB (ultra-wide band).
The Galaxy S22 will be available in 4 colourways: Phantom Black, White, Pink Gold, Green, while the Galaxy S22 + and S22 Ultra will come in Phantom Black, White, Burgundy, and Green colour options.
Samsung Galaxy S22 specs
- Display: S22 – 6.1 inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 2340 x 1080 pixels, Infinity-O-Display, 10 – 120 Hertz, Gorilla Glass Victus, 1500 nits, 425 ppi
- S22+ – 6.6 inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 2340 x 1080 pixels, Infinity-O-Display, 10 – 120 Hertz, Gorilla Glass Victus, 1750 nits, 393 ppi
- S22 Ultra – 6.8 inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 3080 x 1440 pixels, Infinity-O Edge display, 1-120 Hz, Gorilla Glass Victus, 1750 nits, 500 ppi
- Operating System: Samsung One UI 4.1 based on Android 12
- Processor: Europe: Samsung Exynos 2200 Octa-Core, 2.8GHz + 2.5GHz + 1.7GHz, 4nm, AMD RDNA 2
USA: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Octa-Core, 3.0GHz + 2.5 GHz + 1.8GHz, 4nm, Adreno 730
- Memory: 8GB/12GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB
- Battery: S22 – 3700 mAh, S22+ – 4500 mAh, S22 Ultra – 5000 mAh, fast charging, Qi charging
- Main Cameras: 50 MP, 85° FOV, f/1.8 aperture, 23mm, 1/1.56″, 1.0 µm, OIS, 2PD + 12 MP ultra wide-angle lens, 120° FOV, f/2.2, 13mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4 µm + 10 MP telephoto, 36° FOV, f/2.4 aperture, 69mm, 1/3.94″, 1.0 µm, OIS
- S22 Ultra – 108 MP, 85° FOV, f/1.8 aperture, 2PD, OIS + 12 MP ultra wide angle, 120° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, 13mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4 µm, 2PD, AF + 10 MP Telephoto, 36° FOC, f/2.4 aperture, 69mm, 1/3.52″, 1.12 µm, 2PD, OIS + 10 MP Telephoto, 11° FOV, f/4.9 aperture, 230mm, 1/3.52″, 1.12 µm, 2PD, OIS
- Selfie Camera: S22 and S22+ – 10 MP (f/2.2, 80°, 25mm, 1/3.24″, 1.22 µm, 2PD)
- S22 Ultra – 40 MP (f/2.2, 80°, 25mm, 1/2.8″, 0.7 µm, AF)
- Dimensions: S22 – 146.0 x 70.6 x 7.6mm, S22+ – 157.4 x 75.8 x 7.64mm, S22 Ultra – 163.3 x 77.9 x 8.9mm
- Weight: S22 – 167g, S22+ – 195g, S22 Ultra – 227g
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.2, USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 1, NFC, Wi-Fi 6 (WLAN AX)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Light sensor, Proximity sensor, UWB (Plus and Ultra)
- Misc: IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
- Colours: S22 – Phantom Black, White, Pink Gold, Green, S22 + and S22 Ultra – Phantom Black, White, Burgundy, Green
Samsung Galaxy S22 price
WinFuture reports that the Samsung Galaxy S22 price starts at 849 Euros for the 8GB/128GB version, and costs 899 Euros for the 8GB/256GB model. The Galaxy S22+ 8GB/128GB variant will carry a price tag of 1049 Euros, while the 8GB/256GB trim costs 1099 Euros.
Samsung will reportedly price the Galaxy S22 Ultra at 1249 Euros for the 8GB/128GB model, at 1349 Euros for the 12GB/256GB trim, while the top end version with 12GB/512GB will cost 1449 Euros. The devices could start shipping from February 25th.