Samsung may have postponed the launch of one of the most anticipated phones of the year, due to chip shortage. But, some new Samsung Galaxy S21 FE leaked renders confirm the device is real.
The phone reportedly sports a 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display that supports 120Hz refresh rate, and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The panel supports a resolution of1080 X 2340 pixels, and is home to an In-display Fingerprint Reader. The device runs on Android 11, which isn’t surprising considering it had been in factories well before Android 12 was even announced.
The processor on the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE will differ based on regions. The variant sold in North America will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset with an Adreno 660 GPU, while the rest of the world will get an Exynos 2100 variant with a Mali G78 GPU. The flagship phone will be available in multiple models starting at 6GB of RAM, and up to 12GB of RAM, and up to 256GB of storage.
The selfie lens on the front is a 32MP snapper. The main camera on the rear panel is a 64MP sensor, which is accompanied by a depth sensor and an ultra-wide angle lens, with an LED Flash module. The lens array looks similar to the one on the regular Galaxy S21. Samsung has fitted a 4,500 mAh battery in the Galaxy S21 FE, which will support 15W Fast Charging, over a USB Type-C port. Connectivity options on the phone will include 5G, 4G LTE mobile networks, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, and GPS. The phone will purportedly be available in 4 colourways: White, Lavender, Cream, and Black.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE leaked specs
- Display: 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass, 1080 X 2340 pixels, In-display Fingerprint Reader
- Operating System: Android 11
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 or Exynos 2100
- GPU: Adreno 660 or Mali G78
- Memory: 6GB, up to 12GB RAM
- Storage: up to 256GB
- Main Cameras: 64MP primary sensor + depth sensor + ultra-wide-angle sensor, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP
- Battery: 4500 mAh, 15W Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS
- Colours: White, Lavender, Cream, and Black
According to CoinBRS, who leaked the renders, the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE launch date is reportedly set for January 4th.