The Redmi Y3 selfie phone has been launched in India alongside the Redmi 7. And the Y3 seems to be a signifcant upgrade over the Y2.
The Redmi Y3 is equipped with a 32MP selfie lens with an 80° wide FoV (Field of view) that supports AI Beauty, Auto HDR. It has a 1.6um pixel size, and uses 4-in-1 Super Pixel tech for low light shots. Other features that the lens supports includes Screen Flash, AI Portrait Seflies, Palm Shutter, Full HD 1080p video recording, EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization).
The selfie camera is housed in a dot notch on the 6.26-inches HD+ IPS LCD display, that is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The phone has dual rear cameras with 12MP and 2MP lenses, that supports AI Portrait/Scene Detection, has a 1.2um Pixel Size, built-in Google Lens, Full HD 1080p video recording @60 fps, and EIS.
The Redmi Y3 runs MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie out of the box, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 processor clocked at 1.8GHz.
The device will be available in 3GB/4GB RAM variants with 32GB/64GB of internal storage. The phone has a dedicated micro SD card slot which is part of a triple card slot, which supports up to 512GB of expandable storage.
The Redmi Y3 has a 3.5mm headphone jack. It does have an Infrared blaster on the top, and a fingerprint scanner on the back panel. The phone is packed with a a micro-USB port to charge the 4,000 mAh battery.
Redmi Y3 Tech Specs
- Display: 6.26-inch Dot notch HD+, IPS LCD, 19:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: 1.8Ghz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 632
- Memory:3GB/4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB + dedicated micro SD card slot (up to 512GB)
- Selfie Camera: 32MP AI Beauty, Auto HDR, 1.6um 4-in-1 Super Pixel, Screen Flash, AI Portrait Seflies, Palm Shutter, Full HD 1080p video recording, EIS, 80° wide FoV
- Main Cameras: 12MP + 2MP, AI Portrait/Scene Detection, 1.2um Pixel Size, Google Lens, Full HD 1080p video recording @60 fps, EIS
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Connectivity: Dual SIM Dual VoLTE, micro-USB, 3.5mm headphone jack, Infrared blaster
Sensors: Fingerprint scanner
- Misc: P2i nano-coating (Splash proof)
Redmi Y3 price in India
The Redmi Y3 price in India starts at Rs. 9,999 for the 2GB RAM variant, and the 4GB RAM variant will retail for Rs. 11,999. The phone will be available in 3 colours: Elegant Blue, Bold Red, and Prime Black. The first sale of the Y3 will start at 12 Noon on April 20th at Amazon, Mi.com and Mi Home stores.