Xiaomi has been announcing price cuts for its devices for 3 straight days now. After the Mi A2, the Redmi Note 5 Pro, today it was the turn for a Redmi Y2 price drop.
The selfie phone was launched in June 2018, with a price tag of Rs. 10,499 for the 3GB/32GB variant, while the 4GB/64GB variant was priced at Rs.13,999. The Redmi Y2 variants are now cheaper by Rs.1500 and Rs. 3000 Rupees respectively.
That means you can get the 3GB RAM variant for Rs. 8,999, or the 4GB variant at Rs. 10,999. Here is a recap of the device’s specs.
Redmi Y2 Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.99-inch HD+ 1440 × 720 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass
- Operating System: MIUI based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Processor: 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Memory: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB + up to 256GB via microSD
- Selfie Camera: 16MP + LED flash
- Rear Cameras: 12MP + f/2.2 aperture + 5MP, LED Flash, PDAF
- Battery: 3080mAh
- Dimensions: 160.73 × 77.26 × 8.1mm
- Weight: 170g
The Redmi Y2 price drop is permanent, and is in effect already on Amazon, Mi.com, and offline stores. There is no price cut for the Redmi Y2 sold via Flipkart, though the Redmi Note 5 Pro price cut is reflected on the e-tailer’s online store.