The company took to Twitter to reveal the launch date. The teaser image confirms the phone’s design partially. It shows that the handset has a large display with a water-drop notch. The image also says the Redmi 9i will have 4GB of RAM.
A teaser page on the Mi India’s website hints that the device will run on MIUI 12, and has a big display, with good performance, battery and cameras.
Could the Redmi 9i be a rebranded Redmi 9C? It’s possible, Redmi has been on a rebranding spree lately, and Poco rebrands those. The only device in the Redmi 9 series that hasn’t been launched in India so far is the Redmi 9C, that was announced in Malaysia about two months ago.
Here’s a recap of the phone’s specifications.
Redmi 9C Specs
- Display: 6.53-inch HD+ 1600 x 720 pixels, LCD, Dot-drop display, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Operating System: MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB + upto 512GB via microSD card
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 10W fast charging, Micro USB
- Main Cameras: 13MP f/2.2 aperture + 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture + 2MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 5MP f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 77.07 x9 mm
- Weight: 196g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, 3.5mm audio jack
- Misc: Rear-placed fingerprint scanner
The Redmi 9i will be announced on September 15th and will be available on Flipkart.