According to a TENAA listing, the phone has a 6.217-inch HD+ Display with a water-drop notch, and is powered by an octa-core processor clocked at 2.0 GHz. The Redmi 8A has 2GB/3GB/4GB of RAM and 16GB/32GB/64GB of storage and supports up to 512GB of expandable memory via a microSD card slot.
The Redmi 8A has a single rear camera with a 12MP lens and an LED flash, and an 8MP front facing camera.
There is no visible fingerprint scanner on the device, and considering that this is an entry level phone, it’s unlikely to be equipped with one.
Redmi 8A specs
- Display: 6.217-inch HD+ (720 × 1520 pixels), TFT, water-drop notch
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android Pie
- Processor: Octa-Core 2.0 GHz
- Storage: 16GB/32GB/64GB + up to 512GB microSD
- RAM: 2GB/3GB/4GB
- Rear Camera: 12MP, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Sensors: Gravity sensor, distance sensor, light sensor
- Battery: 5000mAh
- Dimensions: 156.3 × 75.4 × 9.4 mm
- Weight: 188g
- Colours: Black, red, blue, pink, white, green, purple, gray
Redmi 8A India launch date
The Redmi 8A India launch date has been scheduled for September 25th. It remains unclear when Xiaomi will announce the Redmi Note 8 series in the Country.