Xiaomi India has just announced the Redmi 7A in the Country. The budget phone boasts some decent specs, but it is the 2 year warranty that the company offers, which seems intriguing.
It should entice more buyers to purchase the phone. The Redmi 7A Indian variant slightly differs from the Chinese one. The new device is equipped with a 12MP Sony IMX486 sensor on the back panel which supports PDAF and an LED flash.
The front panel of the Redmi 7A looks a bit dated with an 18:9 aspect ratio screen and large chin and forehead bezels. But for the price tag., the 5.45-inch HD+ display is quite good.
The phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snadpragon 439 processor clocked at 2.0GHz, with 2GB of RAM and 16GB/32GB of storage, with a microSD card providing an option for additional storage. The Redmi 7A is backed by a 4,000 mAh battery which charges over a micro USB port.
Redmi 7A specs
- Display: 5.45-inch HD+ 1440 x 720 pixels, 2.5D curved glass display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Memory: 2GB/3GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB/32GB +up to 256GB via microSD
- Battery: 4,000mAh
- Main Camera: 12MP Sony IMX486, PDAF, LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 5MP, AI Face unlock
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM cards, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, FM Radio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dimensions: 159.2 × 75.2 × 8.1mm
- Weight: 150g
- Colours: Matte Black, Matte Blue and Matte Gold
Redmi 7A price in India
The Redmi 7A has been priced at Rs. 5799 for the 2GB RAM/16GB storage variant, while the 2GB/32GB variant will cost Rs. 5999. These are introductory prices which will be valid until the end of July, post which they will be priced at Rs. 5999 and Rs. 6199 respectively. The Redmi 7A will be available from Noon on July 11th at Mi.com, Flipkart and Mi Home stores, followed by offline stores.