As you know, Redmi has scheduled a launch event on April 24 in India and will be unveiling the Redmi Y3. It appears that Xiaomi is set to announce the Redmi 7 smartphone too on the same day in addition to Redmi Y3. Even though Redmi is yet to officially announce it, the first hint came from its official Twitter handle in a tweet which gave too much emphasis on "7" talking about surprises they have in store.
7 Mn+ Y series phones shipped since launch.
They ask Y do we call our fans the best. We say this is Y. And to celebrate this, we have a few surprises lined up for you.
You'll know exactly in 7 days. But what's with 7?
— Redmi India (@RedmiIndia) April 18, 2019
Today, we have some confirmation via the reliable tipster Ishan Agarwal, who confirmed that Xiaomi is indeed launching Redmi 7 along with Redi Y3 on April 24 in India.
In case the teasers were not enough for you guys to understand, yes, Xiaomi is indeed launching the Redmi 7 along with Redmi Y3 on 24th April in India. #Redmi #Xiaomi #Redmi7 #RedmiY3 #YYY #32MPSuperSelfie pic.twitter.com/VEDFLAzjqd
— Ishan Agarwal (@ishanagarwal24) April 19, 2019
Redmi 7 has officially launched in China exactly a month ago and now it is making its way to India. The company has already launched the Note 7 series which is selling like hotcakes and out of the two devices, Redmi Note 7 is now available through the open sales in India while you can grab Redmi Note 7 Pro only through weekly flash sales.
Redmi & sports a 6.26-inches HD+ display which has a water-drop notch and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 processor along with 2GB/3GB/4GB of RAM and 16GB/32GB/64GB of storage. There is a microSD card which is part of the Hybrid Dual SIM Tray, that can be used for expandable memory. We expect that the 2GB RAM variant may be skipped from the India launch.
Redmi 7 Tech Specs
- Display: 6.26-inches, HD+, 1520 x 720 pixels, 269 PPI, waterdrop notch, 19:9 aspect ratio, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1500:1 Contrast Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632
- Memory: 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB/32GB/64GB + up to 512GB microSD card
- Rear Cameras: 12MP f/2.2 aperture + 2MP, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Battery: 4000 mAh, 44W Flash Charging
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Micro USB. 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Distance sensor, Electronic compass, Ambient light sensor, Vibration motor, Infrared sensor
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Dimensions: 158.73 x 75.58 x 8.47 mm
- Weight: 180g