A couple of months ago, Poco India said it would bring the Poco F3 GT in Q3, and now the company has begun teasing the launch. Rumours say that the device is a rebranded version of the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition. So, here’s what we can expect from the gaming phone.
The Poco F3 GT is a 5G capable phone powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G octa-core processor with a Mali-G77 MC9 GPU, 6GB/8GB/12GB of LPDDR4x RAM. The device features 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage, and runs on Android 11 with MIUI 12.5.
The phone is equipped with a 6.67-inches AMOLED Full HD+ display with 120Hz refresh rate, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, and is home to a 16MP selfie lens.
The battery on the Poco F3 GT is a 5065mAh cell that supports 67W fast charging over a USB Type-C port. The company claims that it can charge the battery to 100% in just 42 minutes. The main camera setup on the device consists of triple lenses with a 64 MP, f/1.65 aperture lens, accompanied by an 8 MP, f/2.2 aperture, 120˚ ultra wide-angle lens, a 2 MP, f/2.4 aperture macro lens, and a Dual LED flash module.
Since the Poco F3 GT does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack, users will need to rely on USB Type C audio and the JBL stereo dual speakers on the phone. The device has a side-mounted fingerprint reader, an Infrared sensor. Connectivity-wise, the phone supports 5G, 4G VoLTE mobile networks, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/, 2.4GHz/5GHz Dual band, Bluetooth 5.2, and GPS/A-GPS/NavIC/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS.
Poco F3 GT 5G Specs
- Display: 6.67-inches AMOLED Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 120Hz refresh rate, 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 500 nits, DCI-P3, HDR10+, 480Hz Touch Sampling Rate
- Operating System: Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G octa-core
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- Memory: 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Selfie Camera: 16MP
- Main Cameras: 64 MP, f/1.65 aperture + 8 MP, f/2.2 aperture, 120˚ ultra wide-angle lens + 2 MP, f/2.4 aperture macro lens, Dual LED flash
- Battery: 5065mAh, 67W fast charging (100% in 42 minutes), USB Type-C, Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 3+
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Sensors: Ultrasonic distance sensor, 360° ambient light sensor, acceleration sensor, gyroscope, electronic compass, X axis linear motor, infrared remote control
- Audio: USB Type C audio, JBL stereo dual speakers
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/, 2.4GHz/5GHz Dual band, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/A-GPS/NavIC/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS
- Dimensions: 161.94 x 76.93 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 205g
- Misc: Gaming triggers, IP53 rating for dust and splash resistance
Poco F3 GT expected price in India
The Redmi K40 Gaming Edition costs RMB 1,999 for the 6GB+128GB version, in China. So, we can expect a price tag of around Rs. 23,000 in India.