The Pixel 4 sports a 5.7-inches Full HD+ OLED display, while the Pixel 4 XL has a 6.3-inches screen. The panels have a 19:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, support Always-on display, HDR and are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The phones have massive foreheads to house the 16MP selfie camera, infra-red sensors for face unlock and the Project Soli Radar.
The Pixel 4 has a ridiculously small 2800 mAh battery, while the XL has a 3700 mAh battery. The only other differences between the phones are the dimensions and the weight.
The Pixel 4 runs on Android 10, and is powered by a Snapdragon 855 processor with 6GB of RAM, and 64GB/128GB of storage. The main cameras on the phone comprise a 16 MP primary camera with an ƒ/2.4 aperture and a 12.2 MP secondary lens with an ƒ/1.7 aperture. The cameras support optical image stabilization, electronic image stabilization, and are accompanied by a Spectral + flicker sensor.
The Pixel 4 does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack. Google is not including headphones or a USB Type-C to 3.5mm adapter in the Pixel 4 box.
Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL Specs
- Display: 5.7-inches Full HD+ OLED, 444 PPI, (Pixel 4 XL: 6.3-inches QHD OLED, 537 ppi) 19:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, Always-on display, 100,000:1 super contrast ratio, HDR, Ambient EQ
- Operating System: Android 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core (2.84 GHz + 1.78 GHz), Pixel Neural Core, Titan M Security Module
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Battery: 2800 mAh/3700 mAh, 18 W fast charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 16 MP, 1.0 μm pixel size, Phase Detect Autofocus, Optical image stabilization, electronic image stabilization, Spectral + flicker sensor, ƒ/2.4 aperture, 52° field of view + 12.2 MP, 1.4 μm pixel size, Dual PDAF, optical image stabilization, electronic image stabilization, ƒ/1.7 aperture, 77° field of view
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP, 1.22 μm pixel size, ƒ/2.0 aperture, Fixed focus, 90° field of view, NIR flood emitter, NIR dot projector, 2 NIR camera
- Dimensions: 68.8 x 147.1 x 8.2 mm/ 75.1 x 160.4 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 162g
- Connectivity: Single Nano SIM, Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC, Stereo speakers
- Sensors: Active Edge, Proximity/Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer/Gyrometer, Magnetometer, Barometer
Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL price
The Pixel 4 has been priced at $799 and the Pixel 4 XL at $899 in the U.S. The devices will ship on October 24 and comes in three colors: Clearly White, Just Black, and Oh So Orange.
Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL won’t be available in India
While rumours suggested that this was due to the Project Soli Radar not being certified in the Country,due to radio frequency restrictions, Google has announced why the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL won’t be available in India. Here’s what the company had to say about this in response to a user on Twitter,
“Google has a wide range of products that we make available in different regions around the world. We decided not to make Pixel 4 available in India. We remain committed to our current Pixel 3a phones and look forward to bringing future Pixel and other hardware products to India.”
AndroidPure’s reaction: Frankly this is good for India since you’re better off buying a phone which has a much bigger battery, has smaller bezels, and is more affordable. The ASUS 6Z, Redmi K20 Pro, OnePlus 7 series, Samsung Galaxy S10/Note 10 are all good choices.