Motorola has announced an entry-level phone called the Moto E6i in Brazil. Despite being an “affordable phone’, the design and the specs appear to be very low by today’s standards.
The Moto E6i sports a 6.1-inches Max Vision HD+ display, with a water-drop notch to house a 5MP f/2.2 aperture lens. The side bezels are slightly thick, but the chin bezel is absolutely massive.
The phone runs on Android 10 Go, and is powered by a Unisoc Tiger SC9863A 1.6GHz octa-core processor with just 2GB of RAM. The device has 32GB of internal storage and supports a microSD card as part of the hybrid dual SIM tray.
The Moto E6i has dual cameras with a 13MP f/2.2 primary lens, a 2MP depth sensor with a f/2.4 lens, and an LED Flash. The device is backed by a 3,000 mAh battery that supports 10W fast charging over a micro USB port. The phone has a rear facing fingerprint scanner.
Moto E6i Specs
- Display: 6.1-inches Max Vision HD+, water-drop notch
- Operating system: Android 10 Go
- Processor: Unisoc Tiger SC9863A 1.6GHz octa-core
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage:32GB + microSD card
- Battery: 3,000 mAh, micro USB, 10W Fast Charging
- Main Cameras: 13 MP, f/2.2 aperture, 80° FOV + 2MP Depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture,90° FOV + LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 5MP, f/2.2 aperture, 77°
- Security: Rear fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, Glonass, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light sensor
- Dimensions: 155.6 x 73 x 8.5
- Weight: 160g
Moto E6i price in Brazil
The Moto E6i has been priced at R$ 1,099 (about Rs.15,000 or $205) in Brazil. The phone will be available in Titanium Gray and Pink colours.
A virtually unheard of processor, a terrible design, and low battery capacity for the price of $200 means that the Moto E6i is just not worth it. Even the Moto G Play 2021 which costs $170 is much better than this pointless phone.