The name of the next flagship phone from Meizu has been revealed. The Meizu 16s Pro is all set to launch at the end of this month in China.
The device which is the successor of the Meizu 16s, has been certified by 3C.
The Meizu 16s Pro has the model number M973Q, and supports 12V/2A 24W fast charging using the same charger as the 16s. It also features wireless charging. According to a press render on Weibo, the 16s Pro will be equipped with triple cameras instead of the dual lenses on the 16s.
Meizu 16s Pro specs
The 16s Pro’s cameras are aligned in a vertical bump with a Six-LED ring flash placed just outside the camera array. The new sensor is a super-wide angle lens, which means the other optics remain the same, i.e., a 48MP primary camera with a Sony IMX 586 sensor, and a 20MP telephoto lens with a Sony IMX 530 sensor. The cameras will support Optical Image Stabilization.
Also visible in the press render is an icon for the in-display fingerprint scanner. The Meizu 16s Pro seen in the photo has a curved screen. The device is equipped with a 4,299 mAh battery. The leak also reveals that a gaming phone called the Meizu 16T could debut alongside the 16s Pro.
Here’s a recap of the original Meizu 16s’ hardware.
Meizu 16s specs
- Display: 6.2-inch Full HD+ (2232 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED, 18.5:9 ratio, 400 ppi, In-display fingerprint scanner
- Operating System: Flyme OS based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1
- Main Cameras: 48MP f/1.7 aperture Sony IMX 586 sensor, 0.8um pixel size, 20MP telephoto lens f/2.6 aperture Sony IMX 530, OIS, PDAF, Six-LED ring flash
- Selfie camera: 20MP, f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 3600mAh, 24W fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (hybrid), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 а/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS/BDS
- Dimensions: 151.9 x 73.4 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 165g
- Colours: Carbon Black, Pearl White, Phantom Blue
Since the Meizu 16s does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack, we can expect the 16s Pro to also skip the audio port.
The Meizu 16s Pro will be launched on August 28th.