Samsung Galaxy S I9000 was one of the earliest high end Android Smartphone from Samsung which came with Android v2.2 (Froyo) OS , 4-inch Super AMOLED Touchscreen, Samsung’s TouchWiz 3.0 UI skinning and 5 MP Primary Camera. Officially, Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for Samsung Galaxy S I9000 is not available now or in future. Thanks to CyanogenMod team, you can install the CyanogenMod ( or CM 9 on your phone which is based on Ice Cream Sandwich ICS.
1. Root your device
Your device must be rooted to install or flash this CyanogenMod CM 9. If your device is not rooted, you must first root your device. Just Google on How to root Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to get the details on how to do it. You can also find it on XDA forums.
2. Install Custom Recovery
Apart from rooting your device, you must install a custom recovery like ClockworkMod on your phone so that you can boot your device into Recovery to flash the CyanogenMod CM 9 ROM.
Files to Download
- Latest CyanogenMod CM 9 nightly for Samsung Galaxy S I9000 : Here
- Google Apps for ICS : http://goo-inside.me/gapps/
DISCLAIMER: Install custom ROMs only if you know what you are doing. If you do something wrong or something bad happens during the flashing of ROM, it may brick your device and make it non-functional. Also, keep in mind doing this makes your Phone warranty Null and Void. So Do it at your own risk. Androidpure is not responsible if you brick your device.
- Reboot Galaxy S I9000 into Recovery either using ClockworkMod (or try Home + Volume up + Power buttons).
- Do a Nandroid backup of your device to backup the data on your phone. This backup can be used later to restore your data.
- Perform a full WIPE ( using wipe data/factory reset option + wipe Dalvik cache )
- Install the CM 9 ROM from internal SD card using “flash zip file” option. Just select the ROM and flash. It will take few minutes to install.
- After the install is complete, just reboot your device. It should boot now with CM 9 installed on it.
- After this you need to boot into Recovery again to install the Google apps addon. Just Flash the Google Apps file and Reboot.
- WIPE again or Calendar Sync will not work.
If you want to downgrade from ICS to CM7 later (or restore Nandroid) , you need to flash twice- once from ICS and again from CM7’s recovery.