When it comes to word prediction, there is only one keyboard app that does a good job, Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard. The app now supports a very important feature that you may find useful, copy and paste text between Windows and Android devices
The keyboard app was updated to version 22.214.171.124 recently, and it brings support for copy and paste between Windows and Android devices. Here’s how it works.
How to copy and paste text between Windows and Android devices with Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard
You will need the latest version of the app (SwiftKey 126.96.36.199 or later) installed on your phone, and a computer that is running on Windows 10 2018 update, or Windows 11.
1. Open the Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard app on your phone, and select the Rich Input option.
2. On the next screen, tap on the Clipboard option.
3. Next, you will need to toggle the option that says “Sync clipboard history to the cloud”.
4. This will prompt you to sign in to your Microsoft account. Do so.
5. Switch to your computer, and open the Settings app.
6. Navigate to the Settings > System > Clipboard section, and enable the “Sync across devices” option. Use the same Microsoft Outlook.com or Hotmail.com account that you used to log in on your phone.
That’s it, now you know hot to use Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard to copy and paste text between Windows and Android devices. You may choose to copy the text manually, or have the data synced between the two devices automatically. There are some things that you should keep in mind though, the clipboard data will only be accessible for one hour, and only the latest clip’s data is saved. You can prevent clips from being deleted after an hour, by pinning them. To delete a clip manually, swipe across it.
By default, the app will display the quick paste icon when the clipboard contains some data, but you can disable this behavior from the Android app’s settings.
Microsoft says that it does not store your data anywhere on the cloud, and that the data is encrypted. Copy and paste is only available for Microsoft SwiftKey for Android. It is not supported on iOS.