Poco is set to announce the Poco M4 Pro 5G this week. The Chinese OEM shared a new teaser, this time for a different phone, the Poco F3.
If you’re wondering, wasn’t the F3 launch in March this year? You’re right, and frankly we are just as confused as you are. The Tweet from the Xiaomi-owned brand says that “Poco F3, The real beast is coming back”.
Here’s a recap of the device’s technical details.
Poco F3 specs
- Display: 6.67-inches E4 AMOLED Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 120Hz refresh rate, 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 1300 nits, HDR10+, 360Hz Touch Sampling Rate
- Operating System: Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 870
- GPU: Adreno 650, LiquidCool Technology 1.0 Plus
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Selfie Camera: 20MP, f/2.4 aperture
- Main Cameras: 48MP, Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture + 8MP, 119° FOV ultra-wide angle, f/2.4 aperture + 5MP telemacro, f/2.4 aperture + LED flash
- Battery: 4520mAh, 33W fast charging, USB Type-C
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Connectivity: 5G, Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1/5.2, BFC Beidou, Galileo, GPS, NavIC, A-GPS/GLONASS/BDS, Infrared sensor, Dolby Atmos, Dual Speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Sensors: Ultrasonic Distance Sensor, 360° Ambient Light Sensor, Acceleration Sensor, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass, X-axis Linear Motor, Color Temperature Sensor, Barometer
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm
This is purely speculation, but we think that the upcoming Poco F3 could a slightly updated model with a newer processor, cameras, and a larger battery. We wouldn’t be shocked if the phone turns out to be a rebranded Mi 11T. Poco’s teaser hints that the F3 would be launched alongside the Poco M4 Pro 5G, on November 9th.
The Poco F1 took the world by storm as an affordable gaming phone, and though the brand never launched the Poco F2 or its successor in India, it introduced the MediaTek variant, aka the Poco F3 GT, in the Country. Gamers would welcome the oppurtunity to get the real beast, Poco F3. We will keep you posted on news about this.