Poco is set to announce its last mid-range phone of 2021, on November 9th. And a report has emerged that claims the Poco M4 Pro 5G is a rebranded Redmi Note 11 5G.
Poco and Redmi are no strangers to rebranding their devices, the two Xiaomi-owned brands do that quite often. Redmi launched the Note 11 5G, alongside the Note 11 Pro 5G and the Note 11 Pro+ 5G recently in China.
Here’s a recap of the device’s specs.
Poco M4 Pro 5G specs
- Display: 6.6-inches Full HD+ LCD, 2400 x 1080 pixels, 90Hz refresh rate (Dynamic Switch 50Hz/60Hz/90Hz), 20:9 aspect Ratio
- Operating System: MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 810 octa-core, 6nm process
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 4GB/6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 2.2 storage
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac Dual Band 2.4/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.1,
- Main Cameras: 50MP + 8MP ultra-wide angle, LED Flash (two decorative lenses)
- Selfie Camera :16MP
- Battery: 5000mAh, USB Type-C, 33W fast charging (100% charge in 62 minutes)
- Dimensions: 163.56 ×75.78 × 8.75mm
- Weight: 195g
- Audio: Stereo speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
The report by Vietnamese blog, The Pixel, says that they managed to see real images of the upcoming Poco M4 Pro 5G. However, the blog article (spotted by NDTV) says they could not share the images due to some restrictions, and instead recreated the phone’s design. The device is expected to come in a Poco-Yellow box.
The front panel and the wallpaper looks like the Redmi Note 10’s. We are not sure why the blog used those images, when they said they redrew the designs. The bezels on the Note 10 and Note 11 are quite different. This does question the authenticity of the leak, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Poco has already confirmed that the M4 Pro 5G will have a 6nm process CPU, and supports 33W fast charging.