Hear ye, hear ye! The classic role playing game Baldur’s Gate is now available for Android devices.
After months of anticipation and drama, Beamdog have released the Enhanced Edition of the first game in the series.
The game was first released at the iTunes store last year, and was taken down amidst contract differences between the developers and the publishers. The game returned to the store a couple of months later.
Recently, reports suggested that Beamdog were in the process of testing the Android version by allowing users to take part in a private beta test programme. Today, the rumours were laid to rest, as the game has been officially released for all users.
Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition contains the original game and three expansion packs,
- Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
- The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom… if you can!
- Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
Buy Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition from Google Play:
[appbox googleplay com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition]
The game costs around $10 ( 620 Rupees). Sadly, the game still has IAPs to unlock the following content.
- Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
- Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
- Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
- Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
- New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character.
Though the Play Store listing does not mention this, Beamdog’s website recommends using an Android device with a 5 inch display or above for playong the game.
I would suggest giving the Android version a miss and go for the PC version, as the full game costs just $20, and you will have better graphics, controls and a smoother gameplay experience.