The ASUS Zenfone 8 Mini specs have been leaked ahead of the official announcement which is scheduled for May 12th. Apparently, the mini in the name refers to the 5.9-inches screen on the phone, which unlike most phones which are 6 or 6.5-inches, is relatively smaller.
The display is a Full HD+, Samsung E4 AMOLED panel with a 120Hz Refresh Rate. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, and has an In-display fingerprint scanner.
The ASUS Zenfone 8 Mini runs on ZenUI 8 based on Android 11, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G octa-core processorm and will have up to 16GB of RAM, and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The device is backed by a 4000mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging over a USB Type-C port. The 3.5mm headphone jack makes a comeback, and according to the leaked ASUS Zenfone 8 Mini specs sheet shared by Mukul Sharma, the phone has 3 microphones, dual speakers and supports OZO audio.
In terms of optics the device has a 12MP selfie lens. The main camera on the rear is a 64MP Sony IMX686 sensor, with a 12MP wide angle lens, a Macro lens, and support for Electronic Image Stabilization.
The device weighs 169g and measures 148 x 68.5 x 8.9mm. The Zenfone 8 mini supports 5G mobile networks, Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 6, FM Radio amon connectivity options.
ASUS Zenfone 8 Mini Specs
- Display: 5.9-inches Full HD+, Samsung E4 AMOLED, 120Hz Refresh Rate, Gorilla Glass Victus, In-display fingerprint scanner
- Operating System: ZenUI 8 on Android 11
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G octa-core
- Memory: upto 16GB RAM
- Storage: 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Battery: 4000mAh, 30W, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 64MP IMX686 + 12MP wide angle + Macro, EIS
- Selfie Camera: 12MP EIS
- Audio: 3 mics, OZO audio, 3.5mm headphone jack, Dual speakers
- Dimensions: 148 x 68.5 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 169g
- Connectivity: 5G, Bluetooth 5.2, Wifi 6, FM Radio
- Misc: Linear vibration motor
ASUS India has confirmed that the company has delayed the launch of the Zenfone 8 series in India, due to the pandemic crisis.