Xiaomi’s next big thing is coming to India. Yes, it is the biggest phone from the company, which is none other than the mammoth 6.44″ Mi Max
The news comes from Hugo Barra, who tweeted the same today.
The Mi Max was launched earlier this month, in China, in the form of two variants. One with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 chipset with 3GB RAM, and another with a Snapdragon 652 processor and 4GB RAM. Besides the monstrous 6.44″ Full HD 1080p display, the device’s other key features include a fingerprint scanner, an infrared sensor and a 4850mAh battery.
Here is a brief recap of the Mi Max’s hardware.
Xiaomi Mi Max Technical Specifications:
- Display: 6.44 inch Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 (Hexa core)/ 652 (Octa core) CPU
- Operating System: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Memory: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB of RAM with 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable memory via microSD card.
- Rear Camera: 16 MP rear camera, dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 MP front-shooter, 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture.
- SIM Card: Dual SIM cards with Hybrid SIM slot (micro+nano/microSD), dual standby
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Sensors: Infrared sensor
- Battery: 4850mAh
- Colours: Silver, Gold & Dark Grey
The Xiaomi Mi Max 3GB RAM variant with Snapdragon 650 retails for 1,499 Yuan which is about Rs 15000, while the 3GB/Snapdragon 652 variant retails for 1699 Yuan, which is about Rs 17000. The most powerful of the three, the Mi Max 4GB RAM/Snapdragon 652 variant costs 1999 Yuan in China, which translates to about Rs 20000.
Hopefully we will see a similar pricing scheme for the Indian variants. but Xiaomi is known to price its devices pretty aggressively in India, so we could be looking at lower prices.