Xiaomi has announced 4 new devices in China. Meet the Xiaomi 12S.
The phone sports a 6.28-inches AMOLED Full HD+ display with a screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, a pixel density of 419 PPI, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 1100 nits brightness, 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio, 12bit, HDR10+, Dolby Vision and DCI-P3. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, . The selfie camera on the screen is a 32MP sensor with an f/2.4 aperture.
The mobile runs on MIUI 13 based on Android 12, and is powered by a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 octa-core processor clocked at 3.2GHz. It has an Adreno 730 GPU, 8GB/12GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and 128GB/256GB/512GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The main camera array on the Xiaomi 12S consists of a 50 megapixels lens with a Sony IMX 707 sensor, an f/1.9 aperture, and supports optical image stabilization. The secondary camera on the phone is a 13MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens, with an f/2.4, while the third camera is a 5MP macro sensor.
Xiaomi has packed a 4,500mAh in the 12S. The device supports 67W wired fast charging and 10W reverse wireless charging via a USB Type-C port, and also supports 50W wireless fast charging. The phone has Dual Stereo Speakers, supports 4G LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, WiFi 5, WiFi 4 and 802.11a/b/g 2.4GHz/ 5GHz, Bluetooth 5.2, Beidou, GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, QZSS, NavIC, and A-GNSS connectivity options.
Sensors on the phone include a Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Color temperature sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, Linear motor, and an IR blaster. The Xiaomi 12S weighs 182g, and measures 152.7 x 69.9 x 8.16mm.
Xiaomi 12S specs
- Display: 6.28-inches AMOLED Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 419 PPI, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 1100 nits brightness, 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio, 12bit, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, DCI-P3
- Operating System: MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- Processor: Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 octa-core 3.2GHz, 4nm Process
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Memory: 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS 3.1
- Main Cameras: 50MP Sony IMX 707, OIS, f/1.9 large aperture + 13MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens, f/2.4 + 5MP macro lens
- Selfie Camera: 32MP, f/2.4
- Battery: 4,500mAh, 67W wired fast charging, 50W wireless fast charging, 10W reverse wireless charging, USB Type-C
- Audio: Dual Stereo Speakers
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, WiFi 5, WiFi 4 and 802.11a/b/g 2.4GHz/ 5GHz, Bluetooth 5.2, Beidou, GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, QZSS, NavIC, A-GNSS
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Color temperature sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, Linear motor, IR blaster, fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 152.7 x 69.9 x 8.16mm
- Weight: 182g
- Colours: Black, Purple, White, Wild Green
Xiaomi 12S price
The Xiaomi 12S price in China starts at RMB 3,999 (around Rs. 47,000) for the 8GB/128GB model, the 8GB/256GB trim costs RMB 4,299 (approx Rs. 51,000). The12GB/256GB variant carries a price tag of RMB 4,699 (about Rs. 55,000) while the top-end version with 12GB/512GB costs RMB 5,199 (about Rs. 61,000).