After all the speculation and leaks, Vivo Xplay5 with 6 GB RAM goes official. Vivo launched their flagship Xplay5 at an event in Beijing China and with this launch, Xplay5 is now the first smartphone that comes with a whopping 6 GB of RAM and powered by Snapdragon 820 processor. Vivo also announced a lower variant of the same with 4 GB RAM and Snapdragon 652 processor.
Xplay5 sports full metal body with 5.43 inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla glass protection with dual curved edge on sides and come with 16 megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX298 sensor & Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF) and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It also includes fingerprint sensor.
Vivo Xplay5 Specifications
- Display : 5.43 inch Quad HD Super AMOLED dual curved edge display with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- CPU : Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 / Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor
- GPU : Adreno 530 GPU / Adreno 510 GPU
- RAM : 6 GB / 4 GB DDR4
- Storage : 128 GB internal ROM
- OS : Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- SIMs : Dual SIM
- Camera : 16 MP rear Sony IMX298 sensor, with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and 8 MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Misc : Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 76.2 x 7.59 mm
- Weight: 167.8 g
- Connectivity : 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Battery : 3600 mAh with fast charging support
It is powered by a battery of 3600 mAh capacity and is ~7.6 mm thick & weighs ~168 grams.
Vivo Xplay5 variant with 6 GB RAM & Snapdragon 820 SoC is priced at 4288 Yuan (~ $ 650 / Rs. 44,000) and other variant with 4 GB RAM & Snapdragon 652 is priced at 3698 Yuan (~ $560 / Rs. 38,000). It can be ordered in China starting March 8 through Vivo Shop portal and will start shipping from March 16th on-wards.