Just when we thought pop-up selfie cameras are the future, Vivo has something new in the works. Get ready for the Vivo V17 Pro, it has dual pop-up selfie cameras.
Before we get to the Vivo V17 Pro specs, let’s see what the official video teaser of the phone that the company shared on Twitter and Facebook tells us.
It shows the dual pop-up cameras in action, and it uses the same concept of single pop-up selfie cameras, i.e., it has a motorized pop-up module. But since it houses dual cameras it is wider. The video also hints that the pop-up cameras may have LED Flash on the edges. There appears to be a speaker in the module as well.
Now, we did see the Vivo V17 Pro specs leak (courtesy: WinFuture) a few days ago. So here’s everything we know about the phone so far. The device is equipped with a 6.44-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2440 x 1080 pixels. It also houses an in-display fingerprint scanner.
An octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor powers the Vivo V17 Pro, with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. The phone is backed by a 4100 mAh battery which charges over a USB Type-C port.
The selfie lenses comprise a 32MP wide-angle lens and a 2MP depth sensor and supports Face Unlock. The main camera set up consists of a 48MP primary camera, an 8MP wide-angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor and another 2MP sensor.
Vivo V17 Pro Specs
- Display: 6.44-inch Super AMOLED, 2440 x 1080 pixels, In-display fingerprint scanner
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Processor: 2.0 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB
- Selfie Cameras: 32MP wide-angle lens + 2MP depth sensor, Face Unlock
- Main Cameras: 48MP + 8MP wide-angle lens + 2MP depth sensor + 2MP
- Battery: 4100 mAh, USB Type-C port
- Connectivity: 3.5mm headphone jack, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi ac, Dual SIM support
- Weight: 202g
Vivo V17 Pro launch date
The Vivo V17 Pro India launch date has been set for September 20th. The company will launch a new budget phone series called the Vivo U series, soon in India.