As you know, Google has released the factory images for Android 5.0 Lollipop just yesterday. The factory images are a bit tricky for normal users and may result in wiping of the user data. OTA update has slowly started to roll out but yet to reach everyone. Fortunately, the OTA file is now available and if you are impatient enough, not to wait for OTA to arrive, then you can update Nexus 4 to Android 5.0 Lollipop using OTA file manually.
DISCLAMER: AndroidPure is not responsible for any damage you may incur while flashing the firmware. Proceed at your own risk.
Check out the detailed instructions below if you are willing to follow this manual update route.
- Uninstall any modification installed on Nexus 4 apart from stock e.g XPosed module, Adblock, etc. or else, the update may fail.
- Instead of installing the full android SDK, you can install Minimal ADB.
- Make sure you have Android USB drivers installed on your PC. If not then install Android USB Driver or Compatibility Driver (in case of problems with first one).
- Enable Developer options >> USB Debugging.
- Now download the OTA zip file Nexus 4 KTU84P > LRX21T.
OTA Update Guide:
- Connect your Nexus 4 via USB to your PC
- Open Minimal ADB. It will open a command prompt window. Enter “adb reboot recovery” command into it and press Enter.
- The device will reboot and you will see the recovery screen (It says “no command”). Tap the [power] and [volume up] keys at the same time ( You should press power and hold it). Then tap volume up. A menu should pop up now.
- Use the volume buttons to select “apply update from adb” and select it with the [power] button.
- *** Back in Minimal ADB enter “adb sideload “, (don’t forget the space after sideload) then drag the OTA update file onto the command prompt. This will automatically insert the filename for you. Now press [Enter] and wait.
- Your phone should reboot now and start optimizing the installed apps.
Source : Reddit