- Backup & Sync
- Trending Phrases
- Enhanced Personalization
The Cloud Backup & Sync feature allows you to sync your dictionaries to their servers and across your devices. All you need to do to enable the cloud service is, to open the keyboard’s settings menu and login using your Google account.
The devices which you have synced will be displayed under the Cloud Service settings and you can choose the Sync options. SwiftKey Cloud also uses Twitter and Facebook integration for next word predictions. And they have added this personalization feature for Yahoo! Mail, RSS feeds too.
The Trending Phrases uses Twitter and other forms of social media to recognize newly discussed topics and adds them to your dictionary. This feature is not available for the following language dictionaries:
- English (US)
- English (UK)
- English (AU)
- Portuguese (PT)
- Portuguese (BR)
- Spanish (ES)
- Spanish (LA)
Of course, you can always opt-out of these options.
Full changelog for the 4.2 Update:
- Better contextual predictions: SwiftKey will recognize the kind of field you are typing in and suggest more relevant predictions. For example, a contact field will learn contact names over time as they are entered
- Smarter learning: recognizes deliberate actions e.g use of punctuation and delete keys and includes these in all suggestions
- Fewer keystrokes needed when searching contacts: SwiftKey will now emphasize what was previously typed in name fields
- Quickly return to previously entered search terms: Words previously used in URL fields will be emphasized in predictions
- New settings for physical keyboards: including space bar behavior and punctuation settings
- Improved layouts for Russian (compact and phonetic) and Ukrainian (compact)
- New layouts for Bulgarian (BDS), French (Bepo) and Swedish (Svorak)
- Improved settings layout
- Removed “.com
Here is a video demo of SwiftKey Cloud:
And they are celebrating this update by putting up the Phone & Tablet versions of their Keyboard on sale for 50% off the regular prices.