Rubicon Development, the UK game studio behind the popular strategy titles, Great Big War Game & Great Little War Game, have released a new strategy game, Combat Monsters for Android.
And it is not just a strategy game, it is a card collecting game .Previous coverage of Combat Monsters on Androidpure.
Now that it has been released let us take a look at the key features.
- Play anywhere: Cross-platform play with shared accounts allows for true roaming
- Eliminate the competition . . . in 3D: We don’t skimp on dimensions, no sir!
- We have a board: On which your warriors and monsters may move about!
- Flexible multiplayer: Live online play for up to six players; private or public with matchmaking to prevent unbalanced battles.
- Affordable decks and expansions: Free or almost free— because it’s not 1986 (or even 2006)!
- The taste of things to come is . . . sweet: Ambitious future roadmap with trading, sit-and-go constructed and sealed deck tournaments, new races and cards . . . and more!
- Monsters for all tastes: 132 unique monsters across 11 races with 50+ unique activated abilities
- Weaponized weapons of war: 70 unique weapons to shred the enemy to pieces
- Armor that keeps you alive longer: 28 sets of armor—and 28 opportunities to survive certain death
- Spellcast like 1969: 42 spells to tilt the battle in your favor
- Celtic cheerleaders: 22 to choose from (runes, that is)!
The game’s graphics are quite good and the fact that it supports cross-platform gameplay will allow you to challenge fellow gamers on PC, iOS as well, with support for Mac, Win8 in the works.
The only downside to the game is the requirement to have an active network connection , as the game syncs the progress on their server. You will also need to create an account in the game to get started.
The game is free to play and you can choose to buy optional in app purchases for new cards and more powerful Heroes. Combat Monsters also has a single player campaign besides the multiplayer battles.
Video trailer for the game:
Download Combat Monsters for free from Google Play
Note: The game has optional IAPs.
via: Press Release