Redmi has been teasing a new device launch in India. The brand shared a picture of a unique looking box, which hints at the device’s specs, and it could be the Redmi Note 10s.
The specs on the box says that the upcoming phone runs MIUI 12.5, has a 64MP main camera, supports TurboPower charging, has a Super Display, Hi-Res Audio. The words Game On suggest that the device is also suitable for gaming. All signs point to the Redmi Note 10s, that was announced recently globally.
Here’s a recap of the phone’s hardware.
Redmi Note 10s specs
- Display: 6.43-inches AMOLED DotDisplay Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 1100 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 Color gamut, 60Hz Refresh Rate, 4,500,000:1 Contrast Ratio, 409 PPI
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G95 2.05 GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali-G76 MC4
- Operating System: MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 + up to 512GB via dedicated microSD card
- Main Cameras: 64MP f/1.79 aperture, wide-angle 1/1.97″ sensor size, 0.7μm pixel size + 8MP 118° FOV ultra-wide angle camera, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP macro camera f/2.4 aperture + 2MP depth sensor f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 13MP, f/2.45 aperture
- Battery: 5,000mAh, USB Type-C, 33W Fast Charging
- Audio: Dual Speakers, Hi-Res Audio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS: L1, Galileo: E1, Glonass: G1, Beidou
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 160.46 x 74.5 x 8.29mm
- Colours: Onyx Gray, Pebble White and Ocean Blue
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, Linear vibration motor, IR Blaster
You can tell that it is very similar to the regular Redmi Note 10, except the Note 10s has a MediaTek Helio G95 processor in place of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 678 SoC, and the main camera on the device is a 64MP lens instead of a 48MP sensor.
Redmi Note 10s expected price in India
The Redmi Note 10s global price starts at $229 for the 6GB/64GB model, while the 6GB/128GB version costs $249 and the 8GB/128GB variant carries a price tag of $279. Converting those prices to INR, the device could debut at about Rs. 17,000. We think it could be available for a cheaper price, because phones in Europe are usually priced high due to VAT.