Just yesterday, we told you that Xiaomi is set to launch Poco M3 in India soon as they teased the same with a crazy teaser video, primarily aimed at their competitor Realme. Today, we have the official confirmation of the Poco M3 India launch date which is set for February 2, and Xiaomi has already sent out Media Invites for the launch event.
As you know, the phone is already announced in Europe & more recently in Indonesia, hence we know everything about the phone including hardware specifications, design, and even possible pricing. This is what the Poco M3 looks like. It sports a dual-tone finish for the back panel, and comes in 3 colours: Poco Yellow, Cool Blue, and Power Black.
Let’s take a brief recap of the phone’s hardware. The Indian variant may have a slight variation in hardware specifications or RAM & storage combination.
Poco M3 specs
- Display: 6.53-inches LCD Full HD+ 1080 × 2340 pixels, Water-drop notch, 90% screen-to-body ratio, 1500:1 Contrast ratio, 70% NTSC Colour Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi
- Operating system: MIUI 12 for POCO, based on Android 10
- Processor: 2.0GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 + up to 512GB via dedicated microSD card slot
- Battery: 6,000 mAh, USB Type-C, 18W Fast Charging, 22.5W fast charger in-box
- Main Cameras: 2MP Macro lens with 4cm focus, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, FF + 48MP f/1.79 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel, 1/2″ Sensor size + 2MP Depth Sensor, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, FF + LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.05 aperture
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Audio: Dual Speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou / Galileo
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Electronic compass, Vibration motor, IR Blaster
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6mm
- Weight: 198g
Poco M3 India Price?
If you are interested in the official crazy teaser video, check out our earlier post. The Poco M3 has been priced at $129 for the 4GB/64GB variant in Europe, and at RP 1899000 which is about Rs. 10,000. So, we can expect a similar price in India.
It will be officially sold via Flipkart and the landing page for the phone is already live.
Meanwhile, Xiaomi is also planning to unveil the Redmi Note 10, Redmi Note 10 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 11 in India. The Redmi devices may be arriving in the Country in February.