Oppo has announced an affordable 5G phone in China. The device is called the Oppo A55, and is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor clocked at 2.2 GHz, with 6GB of RAM. The device runs on Android 11 with ColorOS 11.1 on top.
The phone has and 128GB of storage, and supports up to 128GB of additional memory via a microSD card slot. The A55 sports a a 6.5-inches HD+ LCD display, with a waterdrop notch that houses an 8MP selfie lens with an f/2.0 aperture.
The Oppo A55 is backed by a 5,000 mAh battery that charges over a USB Type-C port. The device retains the 3.5mm audio jack. Moving to the back there is a triple camera array that consists of a 13MP primary lens with an f/2.2 apertute, a 2MP macro sensor and an 2MP portrati sensor, both with an f/.4 aperture. The handset is equipped with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Oppo A55 Specs
- Display: 6.5-inches LCD HD+ 1600 x 720 pixels, 88.7% screen-to-body ratio, 269ppi, 15000:1 Contrast Ratio, 71% NTSC Color Gamut, 480 nits brightness
- Operating system: ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 700 (MT6833) octa-core @ 2.2GHz
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2 @ 955Mhz
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB + up to 1TB via microSD card
- Battery: 5,000 mAh, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 13MP f/2.2 aperture + 2MP Macro sensor, f/2.4 aperture + 2MP portrait sensor, f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G N1/N28/N41/N77/78, 4G VoLTE, Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz/5.1/5.8GHz Wi-Fi 5 802.11 ab/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1 SBC, AAC, APTX, APTX-HD, LDAC, A-GPS/ QZSS/ GLONASS / Beidou / Galileo, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Geomagnetic sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Virtual Gyroscope, Step Function
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.7 x 8.4mm
Oppo A55 price in China
The Oppo A55 price in China has been set at RMB 1,599 (about Rs. 18000). The device will be available in 2 colours: Brisk Blue and Rythm Black.