HMD Global has just announced their first flagship device under Nokia Brand. The first flagship device from Nokia comes as Nokia 8 and is made official at a launch event in London. Nokia 8 brings most advanced aluminium unibody design along with début collaboration with ZEISS optics and runs on pure stock Android out of the box.
Nokia 8 sports a 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS display with a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels along with a pixel density of 554ppi and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The flagship device runs on Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform along with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage (expandable up to 256GB with microSD). The phone runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) stock Android operating system and is upgradable to Android O when it arrives.
In terms of camera, it comes with a dual camera module 13MP (Colour) primary camera sensor with OIS another 13MP (Mono)camera sensor with ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder and dual tone flash. On the front, it comes with a 13MP front shooter with autofocus with ZEISS optics, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture. It comes with Dual-Sight feature to help you create and share the full picture by simultaneously showing the front and rear cameras during live streaming for Facebook Live and YouTube Live.
Nokia 8 will come with Single SIM/ Dual Sim support based on location and includes features such as Fingerprint sensor, Barometer, 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound. It is backed by 3090 mAh battery which also comes with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support.
Nokia 8 Specifications
- Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS display (2560×1440 pixels), 554ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- GPU: Adreno 540
- RAM: 4GB DDR4X
- Storage: 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android O
- Misc: Single / Hybrid Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, Barometer, 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Main Camera: 13MP (Colour) primary with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- Front Camera: 13MP auto focus with ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.4˚ lens
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- Battery: 3090 mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Nokia 8 will be available in Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel and Polished Copper color options. It is priced at 599 Euros (~US$ 700 / Rs. 45,000) and will start shipping globally in early September. The phone is expected to launch in India in early October though company is yet to announce any official launch date.