Nokia 6.1 Plus is launched in India which is basically the global variant of Nokia X6 which was announced in May 2018 by HMD Global. It is a mid-range smartphone and the first smartphone under Nokia with an iPhone X type notch. Nokia 6.1 Plus sports a 5.8-inch 19:9 Full HD+ (2280 × 1080 pixels) display with a notch along with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The phone is powered by 1.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform along with 4GB of ROM. The company has skipped the 6GB RAM variant and another 4GB RAM + 32GB variant for India.
Nokia 6.1 Plus runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) based operating system and offers a guaranteed upgrade to Android Pie when it becomes available. In terms of camera, it features a dual camera module at rear consisting of 16MP primary sensor & 5MP secondary sensor, while on the front it features a 16MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture for selfies & video calls. The phone is backed by 3060mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging support.
Nokia 6.1 Plus specifications
- 5.8-inch 19:9 Full HD+(2280 × 1080 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD), Fingerprint sensor, FM Radio
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android P
- Main rear Dual camera with 16MP (RGB) primary sensor with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture + 5MP (Monochrome) secondary sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 1.2um pixel size
- 16MP front-shooter with f/2.0 aperture
- Weight: 151g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3060mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
Price and Availability
Nokia 6.1 Plus is priced at Rs. 15,999 in Gloss Midnight Blue, Gloss White and Gloss Black color options. It will be available exclusively from Flipkart as well as Nokia online store starting August 30th while the pre-orders start today.