As expected, HMD Global has launched a new mid-range smartphone i.e. Nokia X6 which is also the first smartphone under Nokia brand that comes with an iPhone X kind of notch. Nokia X6 sports a 5.8-inch 19:9 Full HD+(2280 × 1080 pixels) display having a notch with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, powered by 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform. There are three variants of the device based on RAM + ROM combination i.e.4GB RAM + 32GB ROM, 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM and 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM.
Nokia X6 runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) based operating system and offers a guaranteed upgrade to Android P when it becomes available in future. In terms of camera, it features a dual camera module at rear consisting of 16MP primary sensor & 5MP secondary sensor, while on the front it features a 16MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture for selfies & video calls. The phone is backed by 3060mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging support.
Nokia X6 specifications
- 5.8-inch 19:9 Full HD+(2280 × 1080 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD), Fingerprint sensor, FM Radio
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android P
- Main rear Dual camera with 16MP (RGB) primary sensor with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture + 5MP (Monochrome) secondary sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 1.2um pixel size
- 16MP front-shooter with f/2.0 aperture
- Weight: 151g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3060mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
Price and Availability
Nokia X6 will be available from May 21st in Blue, Black and Silver colour options. The phone is priced at 1299 yuan (~US$ 205 / Rs. 13,000) for the 4GB RAM + 32GB ROM variant, 1499 yuan (~US$ 235 / Rs. 15,000) for the 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM variant while the top-end 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM variant costs 1699 yuan (~US$ 2665 / Rs. 17,000).