The Moto G42 has been launched in India. Here are the complete tech specs of Motorola’s latest mid-range device.
The mobile sports a 6.4-inches Full HD+ AMOLED display that has a screen resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, DCI-P3 Color Gamut, a pixel density of 409 PPI, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, and 60Hz refresh rate. It runs on Android 12, and Motorola has promised to deliver the Android 13 update to the phone, and 3 years of security updates. The selfie lens on the screen is a 16 megapixels f/2.2 snapper.
The G42 is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 processor clocked at 2.4GHz, with an Adreno 610 GPU clocked at 950 MHz, and 4GB LPDDR4x RAM. The phone has 64GB of uMCP storage, and supports up to 1TB of additional memory via a dedicated microSD card slot.
The rear camera setup on the Moto G42 is equipped with triple lenses comprising a 50MP sensor with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultra-wide angle lens/ Depth sensor with an f/2.2 lens, a Macro sensor with a f/2.4 lens, and an LED Flash. The phone packs a 5,000 mAh battery that charges via a USB Type-C port and supports 20W TurboPower Fast Charging.
Connectivity options on the phone include Dual Nano SIM cards, a microSD card slot, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac | 2.4GHz & 5GHz | Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS, and Galileo location services. The Moto G42 has a 3.5mm headphone jack, Dual Stereo Speakers, Smart PA, 2 microphones and supports Dolby Atmos.
The phone measures 160.61 x 73.47 x 8.26mm, and weighs 174.5g. Sensors on-board the device include a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, a Proximity sensor, an Ambient Light sensor, an Accelerometer, a Notification LED, a Gyroscope, and an e-Compass. The device has an IP 52 Water repellant design, and has a PMMA Acrylic Glass.
Moto G42 specs
- Display: 6.4-inches Full HD+ AMOLED, 2400 x 1080 pixels, DCI-P3 Color Gamut, 409 PPI, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 60Hz refresh rate.
- Operating System: Android 12 (assured upgrade to Android 13, 3 years of security updates)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 4G octa-core 2.4GHz
- GPU: Adreno 610 @950 MHz
- Storage: 64GB uMCP + up to 1TB via microSD card
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4x
- Main Cameras: 50MP f/1.8 + 8MP ultra-wide angle/Depth f/2.2 + Macro sensor, f/2.4, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 16MP f/2.2
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 20W TurboPower Fast Charging, USB Type-C port
- Connectivity: Dual Nano SIMs + 1 microSD, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac | 2.4GHz & 5GHz | Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS, Galileo
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, Dual Stereo Speakers, Smart PA and Dolby Atmos, 2 microphones
- Misc: IP 52 Water repellant design, PMMA Acrylic Glass
- Dimensions: 160.61 x 73.47 x 8.26mm
- Weight: 174.5gm
- Sensors: Side Fingerprint Reader, Proximity sensor, Ambient Light sensor, Accelerometer, Notification LED, Gyroscope, e-Compass
Moto G42 price in India
Motorola has priced the Moto G42 at Rs. 13,999. The phone will be available in 2 colours: Metallic Rose and Atlantic Green. It will go on salefrom 12PM, July 11th, on Flipkart and retail stores. Buyers can avail an instant discount of Rs. 1,000 by purchasing the Moto G42 using an SBI Credit Card.