Lenovo has announced the Moto Edge S in China. The phone is the first device in the world, to be powered by Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 870 5G processor, and is assisted by an Adreno 650 GPU. In case you missed it, the Snapdragon 870 is an improved version of the Snapdragon 865+.
The Edge S is equipped with a 6.7″-inches Full HD+ LCD display that has a 21:9 aspect ratio, a 1500:1 contrast ratio, 90% Screen to Body Ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 Color Gamut and HDR10. The phone has dual punch-hole selfie cameras with a 16MP lens and an 8MP 100° Ultra-wide Angle sensor. The device runs on Android 11 and has S 6GB/8GB of LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB/256GB of storage and up to 1TB of additional memory via a microSD card slot.
The Moto Edge S is backed by a 5000mAh battery which supports 20W TurboPower fast charging over a USB Type-C port. The device retains the 3.5mm headphone jack. In the main camera department, the Moto Edge S features a 64MP main camera with an f/1.7 aperture, a 16MP ultra-wide angle lens with a 121° FOV, 2.8cm focus distance for macro shots, a 2MP Depth Camera with an f/2.2 aperture and an LED Flash. The handset has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. Connectivity-wise, the Moto Edge S supports 5G. 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi6, Bluetooth 5.1, among other options.
Moto Edge S Specs
- Display: 6.7″ Full HD+ LCD, 2520 x 1080 pixels, 21:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 90% Screen to Body Ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 Color Gamut, HDR10
- Operating System: Android 11
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB + up to 1TB microSD card
- Battery: 5000mAh, 20W TurboPower fast charging, USB Type-C port
- Main Cameras: 64MP f/1.7 aperture, PDAF + 16MP 121° ultra-wide angle lens minimum 2.8cm focus distance + 2MP Depth Camera (f/2.2 aperture, 1.75µm Pixel Size), LED Flash
- Selfie Cameras: Dual punch-hole cameras 16MP + 8MP 100° Ultra-wide Anglel lens
- Dimensions: 163.8 x 73.97 x 9.69 mm
- Weight: 215g
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, Dual frequency GPS (L1+L5), A-GPS, Beidou, GLONASS, Galileo, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, Sensor Hub, Fingerprint reader, E-compass
- Misc: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock, IP 52 rating
Moto Edge S price in China
The Moto Edge S price in China starts at RMB 1999 (about Rs. 23,000 or $310) for the 6GB/128GB version. The 8GB/128GB model costs RMB 2399 (about Rs. 27,000 or $370), while the top-end model with 8GB/256GB will retail for RMB 2799 (about Rs. 31,500 or $430).
Rumour has it that the Moto Edge S could be announced globally as the Motorola G100.