Meizu has launched a new entry level phone, called the Meizu M3S, in its homeground in China. The phone which sports a full metal design packs in some decent specs for an affordable price tag.
The Meizu M3S features a 5″ HD Display protected by 2.5D Glass. The device runs on Flymoe OS 5, which is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop.
It is powered by a 64-bit octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor and an Mali T860 GPU. The M3S comes in two variants one with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage and the other with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The device comes with a front facing fingerprint scanner which features mTouch 2.1 with an unlocking speed of 0.2 seconds and a 360-degree recognition angle.
The imaging hardware on the Meizu M3S features with a 13 megapixels rear camera with an ƒ/2.2 aperture, 5-element lens, Burst mode, Panorama mode, phase detection auto focusing (PDAF), Dual LED flash. The selfie lens is a 5 megapixels front camera with an ƒ/2.0 aperture, 4-element lens, FotoNation 2.0, Face AE.
The M3S is backed by a 3020mAh battery.
Meizu M3 Technical Specifications
- Display: 5-inch 720p HD, 2.5D glass, 296 PPI
- Operating System: Flyme 5 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Mediatek MT6750 (ARM Cortex-A53 1.5GHz x4 + ARM Cortex-A53 1.0GHz x4)
- GPU: Mali T860
- RAM: 2GB/3GB LPDDR3
- Storage: 16GB/32GB
- Rear Camera: 13 megapixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 5-element lens, Burst mode, Panorama mode, PDAF phase focusing, Double color temperature flash
- Front Camera: 5 megapixels, ƒ/2.0 aperture, 4-element lens, FotoNation 2.0, Face AE
- Battery: 3020mAh
- Connectivity: Dual SIM Dual Standby, 4G LTE,3G, 2G, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, micro USB, 3.5mm Audio jack
- Security: Fingerprint scanner, mTouch 2.1 with 0.2s response speed, 360° recognition angle
- Sensors: Gravity sensor, IR proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor, Digital compass
- Weight: 138g
- Dimensions: 141.9 x 69.9 x 8.3mm
- Colours: Gold, Gray, Silver, Rose Gold
The Meizu M3S has been priced at 699 Yuan in China, for the 16GB storage variant. The price tag translates to around $106 or about Rs 7100.