When Lenovo VP made the announcement about Lenovo Z5 for the first time folowed by more details later, as device with more than 95% screen to body ratio and storage support up to 4TB, most of the bloggers and tech publications got excited at the idea of the device. Even though many of us did suspect it to be too good to be true, we didn’t have a reason not to believe the information coming from the vice president of the company. But it seems that we were right in suspecting it to be too good to be true after the official unveiling of Lenovo Z5 today.
As it turns out, Lenovo Z5 is not a flagship device but just another mid range phone with a notch at the top of display and bezels at the bottoms. The company did boast of the notch being slightly narrower than the iPhone X but it still the notch. It sports a 6.2-inch Full HD+ 19:9 curved glass display with a notch at top just like many other smartphones and is powered by 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform along with 6GB of RAM. It runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) based operating system with ZUI 3.9 on top.
In terms of camera, it features a dual camera module at rear consisting of 16MP primary sensor with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF & secondary 8MP sensor while on the front you get a 8MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture. The phone is backed by 3300mAh battery along with support for fast charging.
Lenovo Z5 specifications
- 6.2-inch Full HD+ (2246 × 1080 pixels) 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ZUI 3.9, upgradable to ZUI 4.0 and Android P
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, secondary 8MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 153×75.65×7.85mm
- Weight: 165g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging
Lenovo Z5 is priced at 1299 yuan (~US$ 200 / Rs. 13,600) for the 64GB Black variant while the 128GB Aurora & Indigo Blue variant is priced at 1399 yuan (~US$ 220 / Rs. 14,700) and the 128GB storage variant costs 1799 yuan (US$ 280 / Rs. 18,900). It goes on sale in China from June 12th.