The Zuk Z2 could be launched soon in India, as Lenovo has begun the teasing the launch of the device in the Country. The phone which was launched in China, at the end of May this year, will be sold under the company’s own branding, as the Lenovo Z2 Plus. This follows the rebranding of last year’s Zuk Z1, which was launched as the the Lenovo Z1, on May 10th in India.
The above image of the phone, was tweeted by Lenovo today, along with the caption “Get ready to #FastForward to the Lenovo Z2 Plus. Interestingly, the header image of Lenovo India’s account is also promoting the device, with a silhoutee of the device with a caption “Impatience is a virtue”.
This is actually from a teaser the company posted last week. And so is the following video.
— Lenovo India (@Lenovo_in) August 31, 2016
Here’s a brief recap of the Lenovo Z2 Plus’ hardware.
Lenovo Z2 Plus Technical Specifications
- Display : 5-inch Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display
- CPU : 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820
- GPU : Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM : 4 GB
- Storage : 64 GB internal
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZUI 2.0 on top
- Main Camera : 13 MP with LED Flash, f/ 2.2, 5P lens, ISOCELL sensor, PDAF, CAF dual-mode focus, EIS
- Front Camera : 8 MP with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.9-degree wide viewing angle
- SIM Support : Dual (nano) SIM
- Misc: Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity : 4G LTE with VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1, USB 2.0 Type-C
- Battery : 3500 mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions : 141.65 × 68.88 × 8.45 mm
- Weight: 149 grams
There is no information about the Lenovo Z2 Plus launch date yet, but we expect the device to be released in the coming week or so. The Z2 was priced at 1,799 Yuan in China, which is about Rs. 18000. Hopefully the Indian variant of the phone will be priced similarly.