Huawei have launched their mid-range phone, the Ascend P1 in India.
The Chinese manufacturers had originally announced the phone last year, but it was released in the U.S in January 2013.
Now this may have launched quite a bit late, but it looks like this phone could give some serious competition in the mid-range market.
The Phone comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich out f the box and the Company is expected to provide an update for Android 4.2.2 JellyBean. It comes with a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Display with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. It runs on a Dual Core Processor, a 1.5 GHz Cortex-A9 and has a PowerVR SGX540 GPU, the same which is found in the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. The Ascend P1 boasts 1GB RAM and a 4GB internal storage with support for 32 GB of external storage via micro SD cards. There are two cameras on the phone, a 8 MP Primary Camera with Dual LED Flash and auto-focus and a front facing 1.3 MP Secondary Camera.
Technical Specifications at a glance:
- Operating System: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Display: 4.3-inch Super AMOLED with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Dual Core Cortex-A9
- GPU: PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- Memory: 1GB RAM. 4GB Internal memory. Support for 32GB External memory
- Camera: 8 MP front camera with Dual LED Flash & auto-focus, and a 1.3 MP camera on the front.
While it would be unfair to compare it to its bigger brother, the Huawei Ascend Mate, I think the Ascend P1 will satisfy the needs of the budget friendly powerusers out there.
You can pre-order the Huawei Ascend P1 from Flipkart for Rs.12490.
Image courtesy: Flipkart