HTC has just announced the plastic variant of it’s flagship device HTC one (M8) by the name of HTC one (E8). As we all know that HTC One M8 has a metal (Aluminium) body whereas the HTC One E8 on the other hand had switched to a plastic polycarbonate body with similar curves.
In terms of hardware, One (E8) is powered by a 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2 GB of RAM and 16GB of storage along with support for expandable memory with micro SD cards up to 128GB.
It comes with a 13-megapixel camera and 5-megapixel front-facing camera instead of the duo camera arrangement in M8. In terms of display, it same 5.0-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass protection and runs on the latest version of Android i.e Android 4.4 (KitKat).
It comes with dual SIM support and Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers and HTC BoomSound technology.
HTC One (E8) Specs
- Display : 5.0-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD with Corning Gorilla glass 3
- CPU : Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 with Adreno 330 GPU
- RAM : 2 GB
- Operating System : Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense 6.0
- Dual SIM support
- Camera : 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p HD recording and 5 MP front-facing camera
- Storage : 16GB internal, expandable up to 128GB via Micro SD card
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX codec, MHL, NFC and GPS with GLONASS
- Battery : 2600 mAh
- FM radio with RDS, HTC BoomSound
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
Pricing and Availability
The HTC One (E8) will be available from early June in select markets.The pricing part is yet to be revealed by HTC. We will update you as and when we hear anything about it.