Microsoft recently updated its keyboard app, to add a new shortcut on both Android and iOS platforms. If you’re not a fan of the AI chatbot, here’s how to remove the Bing button from SwiftKey Keyboard.
The feature was introduced last week, allowing users to access the New Bing experience directly from the app’s interface, i.e., without switching to a different app. Though some people found it useful, many users had complained to Microsoft about the lack of an option to move the button from the keyboard’s toolbar. So, they were stuck with a button that they found to be useless.
The Redmond company has released a new update for the app, after listening to feedback from users. It now lets you hide the Bing button.
How to remove the Bing button from SwiftKey Keyboard
1. Open SwiftKey Keyboard, and tap on the keyboard button in the bottom right corner.
Or, Open any app and access the text box in it, you just need to bring the keyboard into view.
2. Tap on the three-dot button in the right corner of the toolbar.
3. This will display a panel with some options to rearrange the buttons. Tap on the words “Reorder Items”.
4. The panel will expand to a 2-pane view, and you will see the Bing Hub button in the top left corner.
5. Long Press on it and drag it to the bottom pane. This will remove the Bing button from SwiftKey Keyboard, and add the next button to the toolbar.
6. Tap on Done at the bottom of the screen to complete the process. Try accessing the keyboard, and you should no longer see the Bing button on the toolbar. You can access it by clicking the three-dot menu, or re-add it using the same steps.
The option to remove Bing button from SwiftKey Keyboard is available in the latest version of the app, which is 184.108.40.206. You can download it from the Google Play Store.
How to remove the Bing icon on SwiftKey for iOS
1. Open SwiftKey on your iPhone.
2. Access the app’s Settings page.
3. Scroll down the page till you see an option that says “Always Show Bing Hub Icon”.
4. Turn the setting off by tapping the toggle button.
If you don’t see the option, update the keyboard from the App Store. The setting was introduced in version 3.0.2.