Xiaomi has launched 2 new tablets in China. These are the Xiaomi Pad 6 and Pad 6 Pro.
The tablets are equipped with an 11-inch 2.8K IPS LCD. The screen supports 2880 x 1800 pixels, have a 16:10 Aspect Ratio, and support Dolby Vision, 309 PPI, DCI-P3, 1400:1 Contrast ratio, HDR 10. The panel on the Pro version supports 144 Hz Refresh Rate, while the standard model supports 120 Hz Refresh Rate. The screens are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3,
The Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, while the regular version has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 chipset.
The devices run on MIUI Pad 14 based on Android 13, have 6/8/12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and 128/256 GB of UFS 3.1 storage. Xiaomi has packed an 8,840 mAh battery that supports 67W fast charging in the Pro model, while the Xiaomi Pad 6 has an 8,600 mAh battery, and supports 33W fast charging via a USB Type C port.
The rear camera on the Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro has a 50 megapixels sensor, while the standard version has a 13 MP camera. The selfie lens on the Pad 6 Pro is a 20 megapixels snapper, while the regular version has an 8 MP lens. Sensors on the slates include an accelerometer, a gyroscope, a front ambient light sensor, a rear ambient light sensor, and a hall sensor. Connectivity-wise the tablets support WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2. The slates have 4 microphones, Quad Speakers, and support Dolby Atmos audio. The devices weigh 490g, and measure 253.95 x 165.18 x 6.51 mm.
Xiaomi Pad 6 specs
- Display: 11-inch 2.8K IPS LCD, 2880 x 1800 pixels, 120 Hz Refresh Rate, 16:10 Aspect Ratio (144Hz on Pro), Dolby Vision, 309 PPI, DCI-P3, 1400:1 Contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HDR 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (Pro), Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 (regular) @ 3.2 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 650 (regular)
- Operating System: MIUI Pad 14 based on Android 13
- Memory: 6/8/12 GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128/256 GB UFS 3.1
- Connectivity: WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Front ambient light (color temperature) sensor, Rear ambient light sensor, Hall sensor
- Battery: 8,840 mAh (Pro – 8,600 mAh battery), 33W fast charging (Pro – 67W), USB Type C
- Main Camera: 50 MP (Pro), 13 MP (regular)
- Selfie Camera: 20 MP (Pro), 8MP (regular)
- Audio: 4 microphones, Quad Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 253.95 x 165.18 x 6.51 mm
- Weight: 490g
Xiaomi Pad 6 price in China
Xiaomi Pad 6 price starts at RMB 1,999 in China, for the 6 GB/ 128 GB trim, while the 8 GB/ 128 GB version costs RMB 2,099 The 8 GB/ 256 GB variant carries a price tag of RMB 2,399
The Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro has been priced starting at RMB 2,699 for the 8 GB / 256 GB trim. The 8 GB / 256 GB version costs RMB, while the 12 GB / 256 GB version costs RMB 2,999. The top-end version with 12 GB/ 512 GB carries a price tag of RMB 3,299. The tablets will come in 3 colours: Black, Blue and Champagne Gold.
Xiaomi will also sell some accessories for the tablets including a keyboard case and a smart pen (stylus). The company recently launched the Xiaomi 13 Ultra flagship phone in China.