While there isn’t a perfectly stable CyanogenMod ROM for the Galaxy S Advance, there are a few nightly ROMs that you can try.
TeamCanjica’s CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM is probably the best if you don’t mind a few minor issues.
Let us take a quick look at what is working and what isn’t working in the ROM.
What is working:
- RIL (Calls, SMS & Data )
- Camera (Front, Back & LED)
- Led Buttons
- MTP & USB Mass Storage
- Sensors & Acelerometer
- Vibrator (needs a bit more work)
- Reduced UI Glitches (using XPERIA gralloc and hwcomposer)
Known Issues in the ROM:
(aka what prevents it from being a stable ROM)
- WiFi Tethering and WiFi Direct.
- OMX -> Hardware Decoders / Encoders.
- Camera -> Video Recorder.
- Camera -> Panorama is laggy.
- Magnetic Sensor -> Compass not working.
- NFC ( GT-I9070P users Only ).
Now this may not matter to people who don’t use the SGSA as a primary phone, watch videos or play games on it, or record videos.
Disclaimer: AndroidPure and the Author are not responsible for any damage you may incur. Proceed at your own risk.
What you will need:
A rooted Samsung Galaxy S Advance. If you haven’t rooted it, read my post here to root the phone.
How to install the ROM:
- Download the ROM from here. (Make sure you get the whole 167mb file and check the file hash for it.)
- Download the GAPPS file from here.
- Copy both the files onto your SDCard.
- Reboot the phone to the recovery mode by pressing and holding the key combo Volume Up + Home + Power keys.
- Press the Volume keys to scroll and highlight the option and press the Power key to execute the option.
- Select to Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- Select to “Install the Zip from External Storage”
- Choose the CM zip file “cm-10.1-20130621-NIGHTLY-janice.zip”
- Read the step below. Don’t Reboot.
- Now again select “Install the Zip from External Storage”
- Choose the Gapps zip file “gapps-jb-20130301-signed”
- Reboot the phone and wait for it to finish.
I myself am going to revert to the Stock version until the UI glitch is fixed. Or until Samsung release the official 4.2.2 update for the S Advance.
If you need any help post in the section below or open a thread at our forums. I’ll be glad to help