So you have updated the Samsung Galaxy S Advance to the official Jelly Bean firmware.
How about rooting it now? All it takes is a matter of seconds.
Most Android users prefer rooting their device to uninstall bloatware stock apps, or to take backups of their apps or mostly to flash custom ROMs.
Fortunately, rooting the Galxy S Advance is very simple.
Disclaimer: The Author and AndroidPure are not responsible for any damages that occur during the process. Proceed at your own risk.
- Download this zip file and copy it to your phone’s memory card. You don’t have to extract it.
- Now switch off the phone. Enter the recovery mode, by pressing and holding the key combo Volume Up + Home + Power keys.
- Press the Volume keys to scroll and highlight the option and press the Power key to execute the option.
- Select the “Install update from external sdcard” and press the power key. Now select the “Choose zip from sdcard” and press the power key.
- Choose the Root.zip and press the power key again to flash it.
Reboot the phone and you should see the SuperUser in your app drawer.
You can test if the rooting worked by using any root app, such as Titanium Backup.