A couple of weeks ago, we reported about the Honor Note 8 TENAA leak, which gave us the first look at the upcoming flagship phablet from the Huawei owned company. And now, a set of Honor Note 8 press render images have been leaked on the Chinese social network, Weibo.
The device does match with the TENAA leak, except for very slight differences. The fingerprint scanner is noticeably squarish, with rounded edges. The display, which appears to be bezel less, also appears to be curved in the above image, but it is in fact just a normal one, as you can see from the photos below.
The curved look, is merely a glossy effect added to the press render.
The leak also confirms that the Honor Note 8 will sport a 6.6-inch 2K display (2560 x 1440 pixels) with a pixel density of 443 ppi. The display is a Super AMOLED screen with 105% NTSC color gamut and 70000:1 contrast ratio, and will be powered by Huawei’s Kirin 955, an octa-core processor (16nm chipset) along with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM. The device will come with 64GB of storage, and a 13 megapixel rear camera which has an f/2.0 aperture, supports OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) and an RGBW sensor.
Honor Note 8 Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.6 inch QHD 2560 × 1440 pixels, Super AMOLED
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Processor: 2.5 GHz octa-core Kirin 955 (4 x ARM Cortex A72 + 4 x ARM Cortex A53)
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP4
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB + 128GB expandable memory via micro SD
- Rear Camera: 13 Megapixel, f/2.0, OIS, RGBW Sensor, dual LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 Megapixels
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity:4G LTE, Wi-Fi
- Battery: 4400 mAh
- Dimensions:178.8 × 90.9 × 7.18 mm
- Weight: 219g
The Honor Note 8 will be launched on August 1st in China. Stay tuned to Androidpure for more updates regarding the same.