Some Honor 20 leaked press renders have surfaced on Twitter, ahead of the device’s launch. And they confirm the punch-hole selfie camera design.
The Honor 20 is rumoured to sport a 6.2-inch Full HD+ display with a notch-less and nearly bezel-less design. The phone visited Geekbench, and the benchmark result tells us that it has 6GB of RAM and a 1.8GHz octa-core processor, which is likely the Kirin 980 processor. It is expected to have 128GB of storage. It runs on Android 9 Pie with Magic UI. 2.1.
The Honor 20 leaked photos courtesy Ishan Agarwal, show off four rear cameras, three of which are placed together along with an LED flash in a vertical arrangement. There is a fourth lens which sits just outside the array.
The primary sensor is a 48MP Sony IMX 586 lens with an f/1.8 aperture, while the secondary lens is a 16MP ultra wide-angle lens with a 117° Field of view and an f/2.2 aperture. The other cameras are said to be 2MP macro lenses which the phone uses for its A.I. capabilities. There is a Honor 20 Pro variant which will have a similar design, but with the LED flash sitting with the 4th camera. The selfie lens in the display is a 32MP camera with an f/2.0. aperture.
The device is backed by a 3,750 mAh battery, which supports 22.5W SuperCharge over a USB Type-C port. Though the phone lacks a fingerprint scanner on the back panel, it won’t be equipped with an in-display sensor. Instead, it houses a fingerprint scanner in the power button, which is on the right edge of the frame.
Honor 20 leaked specs
- Display: 6.2-inch Full HD+ (2340 × 1080 pixels), 412 PPI
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie with Magic UI 2.1
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 980 octa core @1.8GHz
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB
- Battery: 3,750 mAh battery, supports 22.5W SuperCharge
- Rear Cameras: 48MP Sony IMX 586 f/1.8 aperture + 16MP 117° Ultra-Wide angle lens f/2.2 aperture + 2MP + 2MP macro lenses, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP punch-hole camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual Nano SIM, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi ac 2.4GHz + 5GHz
- Misc: Fingerprint scanner
- Colours: Sapphire Blue and Midnight Black
The Honor 20 will be launched globally on May 21st, and will be launched in India on June 11th. The device is said to come in Sapphire Blue and Midnight Black colours.