Xperimentalz Games have announced that their popular iOS game, Don’t Run With a Plasma Sword will arrive at the Play Store on September 25th.
It is not just your run of the mill, endless runner. (Sorry about the pun, I couldn’t resist) It has a cool story mode and RPG style upgrades for your character.
The character wields a Plasma Sword which looks like it was inspired by the Lightsabres from Star Wars and runs through the various sci-fi environments.
Key features of the game:
- 2 Game Modes:
– Story mode with fixed game progression, save points and 4-stars rating system
– Endless mode with random map generation and objectives to accomplish
- Boss fights
- 5 environments: City, Factory, Mother ship, Alien Planet, Tandoori Moon
- Evolving gameplay through upgrades
- A precise 3-buttons contextual controls scheme: jump, slide, slash which becomes double jump, dive and dash in the air
- Several types of monster with their own gameplay, traps to avoid, power-ups and rewards to collect
- 3 difficulty settings to satisfy casual to hardcore players
- Comic storyboards
- Original and awesome retro-sci-fi sountrack and sound effects
- 2 supported languages, English and French
You can upgrade stuff by earning XP, which you do by playing the game of course.
I took part in the beta test of the game and it was quite a good game. Oh, and timing your moves are crucial in this game so you have to be nimble fingered.
Here is the official trailer for the game:
DRWAPS will run on devices running Android 4.0 and above. The game will be available from this link at the Play Store on September 25th.
DRWAPS will cost $0.99 and is devoid of any in-app purchases.