After several months of anticipated wait, Carbon for Twitter was released at the Play Store
Let’s take a look at what the app has to offer.
The app’s features:
– Tilt Timeline to Refresh
– Power Scroll: Scroll/Swipe up or down using Two fingers to jump to top or bottom of Timelines
– Tap+Hold on Tweets to make everything clickable right on the Timeline
– QuickTimeline, home screen quick Timeline for Lists, Searches, Trends, etc…
– Rich Timelines with full inline images and videos
– Rich and HD style for User Profiles
– Rich and fun Conversation View
– Threaded Direct Messages
– Background updates with quick actions for Jelly Bean, per account
– Username Autocomplete
– Filters for Hashtags, Users, and Keywords
Carbon for Twitter can be installed on any Android Phone running 4.0 and above. So it was not very surprising to see that Carbon working fine on my Optimus One running on Jelly Bean. With all those cool animations and a stunning UI, I expected it to be slow like a few Twitter clients, but it doesn’t lag at all, in fact it’s buttery smooth.
You can refresh the timeline by pulling the top of it, like in the official Twitter app. But interestingly Carbon has a multi-touch gesture, touch and pull up or down with two fingers to move to the top or bottom of the timeline. You can find all other features such as lists, favorites, trending, etc by pressing the on-screen menu key.
Carbon is free and ad-free, and has the basic features that every user would like. But I really expected to see a cool widget like the one Plume has, so not finding a widget was rather disappointing.
Unfortunately, Carbon does not support Android Tablets for now, but weirdly enough the app can be downloaded on your tablet from the Play Store. But it just won’t work.
Here is what I get when I try to run it on my Nexus 7
Many users have criticized the developers for allowing users to download it when it doesn’t work on Tablets. This has resulted in way too many 1 star reviews on the Play Store.
- Free and ad-free
- Smooth and cool animations
- Push notifications for DMs and Mentions
- Useful gestures.
- Filters,search and other basic Twitter features.
- No widgets
- No support for Tablets
Download Carbon for Twitter from the Play Store, use this link or scan the QR code below.
So what do you about the Carbon? Love it or hate it? Drop a comment below and share your thoughts with us.